MixWiz or ?

• Members

I'm looking for a mixer with at least 16 xlr inputs, at least four monitor sends, and two fx sends per channel. I know the Allen & Heath MixWiz are very popular around here but are there any others with the same or better features within the $1200 & under crowd.

Also I'd like to able to use it in my home studio also (ProTools LE w/ Digi 002), are the A&H preamp workable in the studio?

• Members

im not too hip on prices, but i know the Crest XR20 does all that... maybe also something by spirit?

re AH preamps, they're definitely workable in the studio. we do a lot of live recording using the MixWiz's pres into PT, sounds pretty good - to me at least!

AS

• CMS Author

Originally posted by BechtelChris

Can someone explain the difference between the MixWiz 1,2, & 3?

If you visit allen-heath.com the Mixwizard description includes New Features to V3. If you go to Old Products and then select info from the left sidebar, there is a product description for the original Mixwizard, but I see no reference to a V1 or V2. I can only assume the info applies to either V2, or there was no actual V1/V2 differentiation.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

This one has worked well for me.

Much cheaper too.

Thanks, I've had pretty good luck with other Carvin equipment. I've never dove into their PA stuff, it's always been guitars and amps for me.

I think the MixWiz fits my needs best still though as rackmounting is important to me. I plan on using this primarily as a mixer in my home studio and only occassionally for a live mixer for a blues band that plays very tiny pubs.

Archived