Funeral system

• Members

We provided sound reinforcement for the funeral of a police officer who died in the line of duty today. The funeral parlor can hold 350 people and between 1000 and 1500 were expected. The home has no sound system at all.

Using an Audio Technica AT 853 as our sole mic into a 1642 VLZ Pro mixer, we daisy chained 8 SRM 350's through out the building (main room, family room, green room, hallways, foyer, etc.) Out side for the parking lot we used a pair of SRM 450's.

Out of the signal thru in the last 450 we connected an Audio Technica ATW 3110 Unipak transmitter and sent a signal to a Catholic church about 400' down the road where the receiver tied into the churches house sound system.

Everything worked flawlessly.

• Members

Originally posted by BillESC

I'd estimate in excess of 1500. The road was closed for about 40 minutes for the funeral procession of squad cars, motorcycles, fire trucks and cars to leave for the cemetery.

Wow. And damn well they should (show up) - the guy gave his life protecting others.

So Bill - how did you run the cabling for all those speakers, throughout the funeral home?

• Members

Hi Gigman,

We did a walk through on Wed. afternoon and set up Thursday.

All the cable runs ran along walls behind furniture and with a bit of forethought and creative placement we only had to cross three doorways. These were taped down using 2" wide colored gaffers tape to match the carpeting.

Have we chatted before? I'm originally from Northern Jersey.

• Members

Originally posted by BillESC

Hi Gigman,

We did a walk through on Wed. afternoon and set up Thursday.

All the cable runs ran along walls behind furniture and with a bit of forethought and creative placement we only had to cross three doorways. These were taped down using 2" wide colored gaffers tape to match the carpeting.

Have we chatted before? I'm originally from Northern Jersey.

Good deal.

Yeah -

I told you about all the bars + clubs where I used to play (Morristown, Lk. Hopatcong, Rockaway, Denville, Bernardsville, etc...) & you said you'd either played or installed sound in all of 'em... :D

I usually spend time in the Keys, Synths + Samplers forum but lately have found that the info here in Live Sound is just so helpful!

I actually will be in VA tomorrow - am traveling to see family in Tennessee but can not make it in one shot so will cruise through the Shenendoah Valley and stay at a motel in Harrsisonburg on the way down. On the way back will try to see the LuRay Caverns - supposed to be pretty cool.

:cool:

• Members

I'm assuming this was the funeral that I just heard about on FOX this afternoon? The news guy said it didn't get national coverage, but the guy was a good friend of his and wanted to make it known he was a great guy....

Sucks when that type of thing happens...

Archived