Wanna make history?

• Members

Anyone in Texas area want to donate time and gear to the Crawford Peace Movement?

They have a rented system now (Yorkville U15s) but its due back.

I ran sound for Joan Baez there last sun and that system is marginal for the crowd they had then.

My system is tied up at the moment otherwise...

I plan on returning later this week.

Please contact me if interested.

Peace,

Dan

crpdan(at)hotmail.com

• Members

Originally posted by lucho_84

Thanks you! I like the thought of that! That lady is a fool for what she is doing!

Yeah, and I could argue that "supporting the troops" means not sending them into the meatgrinder in the wrong {censored}ing country.

But please, leave the politics to the politics forum, OK?

Guest Anonymous

Well... this seems like as an appropriate spot as any to tell this story:

So... I was the sound-dude for the local Lentil Festival last Friday night and Saturday. Lentils are the area product of some notoriety (lentils basically feed the third world)... and we produce "the best" as far as we're concerned. Anyhows.... during the Saturday show I parked my Chevy Astrovan next to a repainted forest green late '60's VW microbus conversion van thingy (complete with a respectable assemblage of "save the gay baby whales for Jesus... or something like that... bumper stickers). It was 10:00 in the morning and I didn't think anything about parking next to the microbus. Well... it got up to about 95 degrees that day and I left the windows in my Astrovan down... which proved to be a really bad idea. Much later on in the day I dragged what was left of me into my Astrovan... and... oh, my goodness... what is that smell??? Come to find out, the VW microbus was outfitted with a crapper... and the crapper was FULL... and the contents had expanded in the heat... starting a primordial culture about 5ft. around under the VW microbus. Worse yet: The VW microbus was propane powered... and the propane system was leaking.... and my Astrovan was parked directly down-wind.

I've left the doors and windows open on my Astrovan, now, for 3 days... and still: the wafting stench emanating from my Astrovan's seats and carpet would gag a maggot off-a gutwagon. What to do?

I should have gotten hazard pay for that show.

And... we're all entitled to an opinion. I'm of the opinion that I'll park up-wind from VW microbus conversion vans on hot summer days in the future (just in-case).:D

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

I've left the doors and windows open on my Astrovan, now, for 3 days... and still: the wafting stench emanating from my Astrovan's seats and carpet would gag a maggot off-a gutwagon. What to do?

I should have gotten hazard pay for that show.

And... we're all entitled to an opinion. I'm of the opinion that I'll park up-wind from VW microbus conversion vans on hot summer days in the future (just in-case).
:D

Wow man, hippies and bad smells. Who'd a put those two together? :D

-Dan.

Archived