Recording 16 chans from FOH

• Members

I don't think there are any all in 1 solutions like this for you, I think your going to need to look at a 16 channel mixer with direct outs (mix wiz?) and then a recordign device of your favorite flavour (da88's, or hard disk , or laptop+sound card).

if it is a one off type deal, lok up recording studios in teh phone book, and find someone that will do on location recording (they will have the mixer too). Or just see if they will rent you the gear.

KEv.

• Members

I have two Maudio Delta 1010 cards in a computer DAW. I can take a direct out from most mixers and stream all 16 channels. Nothing is cheap, easy or highly portable. I've heard some mixed reviews on the cheaper firewire mixers. The Mackie Onyx might be a good choice but not cheap once you add the firwire cards.

• Members

I looked at using a couple of Presonus Firepods on the inserts but, then $1100 doing nothing most of the time...

And, I could always use another small mixer somewhere.

I'll admit I know little about recording these days. I'm an analog refugee lost in this digital spew...

• Members

If a new board may be in the works, here is what we do:

Mackie TT24 ADAT outputs (3*8 channels) -> RME Aaudio HammerFall DSP card in a PC. 24 tracks/24 bit/48kHz :)

The RME is ~$600.

Hard to beat for the money, especially when you add in all the other built-in toys on the TT24 for the price.

Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by cobrasound.com

If a new board may be in the works, here is what we do:

Mackie TT24 ADAT outputs (3*8 channels) -> RME Aaudio HammerFall DSP card in a PC. 24 tracks/24 bit/48kHz
:)

The RME is ~$600.

Hard to beat for the money, especially when you add in all the other built-in toys on the TT24 for the price.

Jeff

that would be a outstading combo... I happen to have a RME multiface for sale too......

Archived