How do you make an EF500/LS800 setup sound more hifi?

• Members

Originally posted by smitty0069

I highly doubt you'll ever get the tone you want running the POD D.I. into the system.You're not the first or last who has had great results recording the POD & miserable results live.

I've tried about every recomendation I could dig up on the internet to get a better tone with it live & it just never worked.

I'll gladly haul an amp around these days to get the tone & interaction that you can only get with an amp.

Good luck though.

I'm glad you said it :thu:

Dreadful sounding to say the least....

• Members

Update:

BIG PLANET AUDIO- ASHLY 4.24C PROTEA

Due to the incorrect pricing on this item I regret to inform you that this order cannot be processed. I do apologize for this matter, and your order will be cancelled. If you should have any questions regarding this please call me at the number below.

Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to doing business with you in the near future.

Respectfully,

Danielle Galvan

Big Planet Pro Audio

5151 Oceanus Drive Suite 101

Huntington Beach, CA. 92649

phone 714-379-4857

fax 714-379-4858

1-800-660-3697

www.bigplanetaudio.com

So sad, but nothing I didn't expect. :(

• Members

I highly doubt you'll ever get the tone you want running the POD D.I. into the system.You're not the first or last who has had great results recording the POD & miserable results live.

I've tried about every recomendation I could dig up on the internet to get a better tone with it live & it just never worked.

I'll gladly haul an amp around these days to get the tone & interaction that you can only get with an amp.

Good luck though.

Dude...

Are you kidding?

Take a look at my sig...I've got (or had) every piece of high end gear known to man (with the exception of a Dumble). Soldano SLO, VHT Ultraleads, Mesa Rectifiers, Trem-O-Verbs, RoadKings, Marshall DSLs, Bogner 101Bs, Uberschalls, etc...you name it. I've either owned it or jammed with it.

And by far and away the most crushing sound I've ever heard is the PodXTL through a good PA. I mean its like night and day. This other stuff doesn't even compare to it. Granted I don't do classic rock...

In fact I find 'normal' amps almost unusable for what I need to do.

SOMMS

• Members

Originally posted by SOMMS

Dude...

Are you kidding?

Take a look at my sig...I've got (or had) every piece of high end gear known to man (with the exception of a Dumble). Soldano SLO, VHT Ultraleads, Mesa Rectifiers, Trem-O-Verbs, RoadKings, Marshall DSLs, Bogner 101Bs, Uberschalls, etc...you name it. I've either owned it or jammed with it.

And by far and away the most crushing sound I've ever heard is the PodXTL through a good PA. I mean its like night and day. This other stuff doesn't even compare to it. Granted I don't do classic rock...

In fact I find 'normal' amps almost unusable for what I need to do.

SOMMS

Dude........

I'm dead serious......& I'm really not trying to sound like an ass here,but the tone deficiancies are not in the system you have chosen IMO.

In all fairness I've not heard a XTL so I can't comment on it.

Once again....good luck.

• Members

Dude........

I'm dead serious......& I'm really not trying to sound like an ass here,but the tone deficiancies are not in the system you have chosen IMO.

In all fairness I've not heard a XTL so I can't comment on it.

Once again....good luck.

Hold up. I think you missed something. I dig the sound I get from the Pod XTL into the studio monitors...I like the sound I get from the EF500/LS800. I'm trying to figure out how to get the PA to sound more like the studio setup is all.

SOMMS

• Members

Originally posted by SOMMS

Hold up. I think you missed something. I dig the sound I get from the Pod XTL into the studio monitors...I like the sound I get from the EF500/LS800. I'm trying to figure out how to get the PA to sound more like the studio setup is all.

SOMMS

Hey SOMMS,I hope I'm not coming off the wrong way to you,I've just not had good experience when it comes to trying to use a POD DI'd into a system.

Since you're basically happy w/ the tone sorry for getting off track.

Have you worked on the tweaking patches in the XTL to have some patches for the studio & some for live?This might be the best route,but honestly I obviously don't know or I'd have been doing it along time ago haha :D:freak:

Archived