Padded case or bag for powered mixer?

• Members

Do they sell these? Or what would be a good substitute? Just got one of the new Yamaha EMX's and its small enough to use a pillowcase for the time being. The freaking thing is so light it can get knocked around a whole lot when transporting.

What would really be cool is a bigger, luggage kinda thing that would fit the mixer in one section and a bunch of mics, cables, effects boxes, etc into another, pockets on the outside (you get the idea...)

No ATA cases with hard edges...need to be car seat/back seat friendly!

• Members

Originally posted by pktaskes

Do they sell these? Or what would be a good substitute? Just got one of the new Yamaha EMX's and its small enough to use a pillowcase for the time being. The freaking thing is so light it can get knocked around a whole lot when transporting.

What would really be cool is a bigger, luggage kinda thing that would fit the mixer in one section and a bunch of mics, cables, effects boxes, etc into another, pockets on the outside (you get the idea...)

No ATA cases with hard edges...need to be car seat/back seat friendly!

I use a nice little padded zippered case I bought in a thrift store to transport either my little 12 channel mixer or my Sony TC-D5M PROII cassette recorder. It has some pockets under a flap for tapes or other things, a rear pocket for paper work and some pockets inside for business cards and one that holds cables and the power supply.

It's made by Kingsington and was made for a laptop computer but works great for what I use it for, particularely at the $4.00 I spent on it. It has a nice padded carry handle and a shoulder strap setup.

Take measurements of the gear and take them to the local thrifts, check their baggage area and see what fits. If that fails, look at WalMart, Staples and like places for the plain jane laptop cases.

Archived