Madison Speakers

• Members

I'm thinking about putting together a decent small club rig. I do monitors on a stage where we use pretty high end EAW and JBL boxes so I'm pretty spoiled. I don't expect the same results from my club PA (I just don't have the budget for that level of equipment) but I've been looking at Madison speakers as a good budget alternative (the drivers seem OK and the boxes look like they're built pretty well).

I'd like to be able to produce some Kick on stage. This question is about monitors only (I'll get something with a sub for FOH).

Does anyone have any experiance using these? Are they OK for the money?

• Members

My FOH rig is all madison as well as most of my monitors. I get compliments from everybody I've worked for and have never had any problems that I didn't cause myself:confused: . I've had no customer service problems with them and no shipping problems, but I've never had anything shipped as I'm only a few hours from them so I time my purchases to my travels in that area of the state. I do understand the a lot of folks have had issues and I'm not trying to take away from those, just trying to share my good experiences with them. The boxes are very well made and the drivers have been more than adequate for my needs.

• Members

I'd have to say about 90% of the crap I bought from them was just that. Most of it was some cabling, connectors, raw speakers, horn lenses, and cab feet. Cabling was horrible grade stuff. Speakers were waaay over-rated and sounded really really bad (knight's mostly). Horn lenses were a decent deal but only for bottom feeder stuff. Cab feet are the hard plastic which I don't like. I had some 15" knights and one blew (user error), the replacement I got was pretty different than the original even thought they had been ordered about 6 mo apart. I'd like to see the speaker cabs but the evidence is against them at this point.

p

• Members

The cabinets are very sturdy and well put together. Most have solid metal handles and duel speakon 1/4 " jack panels. I have only purchased them empty and installed my own drivers. I found the jack plates to be adaquate as well as the handles. If you want to install JBL drivers you will have to rout out the speaker cut out a little. This is just my opionion, YMMV.

Archived