Anyone else at the Meyer Sound event last night in Nashville?

• Members

Last night Meyer sound held a demo of their new, small box line array system, M'elodie.

Buford Jones (Faith Hill) mixed and hand picked a band for the demo concert. Great players with special guests, including Jeff Coffin, sax player for Bela Fleck & The Flecktones. They covered a bunch of genres and really showed off the system.

It's amazing what a tiny, 7 boxes flown per side plus 4 subs on the ground system can do when properly designed and implemented. It rocked.

I ran into Victor Wooten listening to Jeff and the other musicians but, alas, he did not play. :(

And I probably missed him sit-in with brother Reggie at the Wooten Bros. regular spot at 3rd & Lindsley afterward. He didn't exactly say he'd play, but made sure to mention Reggie would be out there.

So.. was anyone else there? If so, what did you think?

• Members

Originally posted by agedhorse

I just got a chance to work with a M'elodie demo rig 2 days ago on an installation that I finished a (big) console rebuild. Impressive and part of what I liked about it is that it wasn't real agressive.

Was'nt real aggressive as in it has a flat and neutral frequency response with no pronounced peaks or dips?

V.

• Members

I was impressed, overall, with the sound. But you're right, bpowell, at that price they oughta be. ;)

I'd love for the production company I work for to invest in such a system. It would cover every corporate show we do and a lot more. But at your estimate it would cost $31,500 per side just for the boxes. No console, processing, etc. We currently use a worn KF850/SB850 system for some gigs and contract the rest. The difficulty in spec'ing a new system for our company would be the number of gigs we'd use it and the distance it would travel. We produce events around the country and internationally. Contracting is probably less expensive overall and provides a level of flexibility in systems we would never warehouse ourselves.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by gruvjack

Was'nt real aggressive as in it has a flat and neutral frequency response with no pronounced peaks or dips?

V.

I would suspect "flat and neutral" is correct.

I haven't heard the M'elodie rig yet, but if it's like other Meyer stuff I've been around... I suspect it's clean, clear, and punchy (impressive) without sounding "loud".

• Members

Originally posted by Audiopile

I would suspect "flat and neutral" is correct.

I haven't heard the M'elodie rig yet, but if it's like other Meyer stuff I've been around... I suspect it's clean, clear, and punchy (impressive) without sounding "loud".

Yes, this is exactly my impression.

Probably wouldn't be a great choice for agressive music styles where a component of the mix is "edge" due to non-linearities and roughness in the speakers. Think adolesent attitude;)

Archived