Forum transaction history / user feedback ???

• Members

Does HC offer any type of user feedback system pertaining to transactions that originated on this website? The reason that i ask is that i just purchased some cabling from a member here. As such, i'd like to not only leave them my compliments on the transaction, but to also establish some type of feedback / point of reference for my future transactions too. I know that other sites, such as Ebay, Audiogon, etc... have such a feature, but i'm unaware of anything like this on Harmony Central. Can someone clarify this for me and / or point me to a link on this??? Sean

• CMS Author

Does HC offer any type of user feedback system pertaining to transactions that originated on this website? The reason that i ask is that i just purchased some cabling from a member here. As such, i'd like to not only leave them my compliments on the transaction, but to also establish some type of feedback / point of reference for my future transactions too. I know that other sites, such as Ebay, Audiogon, etc... have such a feature, but i'm unaware of anything like this on Harmony Central. Can someone clarify this for me and / or point me to a link on this??? Sean

>

How did a transaction originate on this website?:confused:

• Members

There are several ways that this could happen, mainly on the "gear for sale" or "gear wanted" listings. Outside of that, someone saw that i was looking for cabling and contacted me privately. They had quite a few brand new EWI cables and a Hosa sub-snake at a great price, so i purchased all of the gear from them. Everything was in "brand new" condition and i couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction.

Now that you know the whole story, is there anywhere to list user feedback for members of this forum??? Sean

• Members

I have never seen a thing like what you are talking about here at Harmony Central. The "gear for sale" thing is more or less of a service I think. I can see the value in what you are talking about... certainly it is valuable at a place like Ebay... cause you know heck it is scary to send money to someone you never met except on the internet. I would imagine that managing such a feed back system would require significant resources... software and hardware... and probably just isn't "worth it" to a place like Harmony Central who is really not in the "business" of fostering such trades, even if from time to time a trade is derived from interchanges here?

• CMS Author

There are several ways that this could happen, mainly on the "gear for sale" or "gear wanted" listings. Outside of that, someone saw that i was looking for cabling and contacted me privately. They had quite a few brand new EWI cables and a Hosa sub-snake at a great price, so i purchased all of the gear from them. Everything was in "brand new" condition and i couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction.

Now that you know the whole story, is there anywhere to list user feedback for members of this forum??? Sean

>

No, there's no such facility. The forums aren't intended for commercial purposes, and private 'spamming' is pretty tightly controlled and limited to occasional for-sale threads by regulars. Regarding the HC classified's, I can see feedback quickly turning into the he-said/she-said administrative nightmare similar to the problems that exist in eBay.

But if you've had a good experience, I see no reason not to post a nice 'thank you' thread about the person or place in the appropriate forum.

Archived