New-Found Respect??? Nahhh, I doubt it.

• Members

I set up and mix from the stage, as most small groups do. We allow ample time for a decent sound check, and we check the sound out front a couple of time during the show. Most groups around here do that. I believe that we all started out doing that.

We had a private-party, outdoor gig yesterday, about 150 in attendance (mostly politicians). Not big enough $$ to hire a separate soundman. Everything went well, but the wind kicked up a notch or two toward the end and we had some problems with windnoise through an EV mic. Also had a problem with a 1/4" jack and I just cut the male off and wired it into the screw posts, something I had been wanting to do anyway. At the end of the day, when we were loading in, I made the comment to the acoustic guitarist/singer that, if we plan to continue to do this for a few more years, we really need to invest in some new equipment. He owns the FOH speakers and subs, two power amps, lights, back-up board, and the EV mic in question. :) I own power amp, main mixer, all monitors, monitor amp, three mics (Shures), plus my bass rigs. Main singer/guitarist owns . . . his rig - and it need upgrading. But the band bears his name - "The John Doe Band." He also has some museum-quality p.a. stuff if anyone is interested. It hasn't seen the light of day in years. After I told him that I would like to get four monitors EXACTLY THE SAME and possible get all mics EXACTLY THE SAME for ease of set up, another band member told me that the acoustic guy was telling the main singer exactly what I had told him and that he was agreeing with me - that we need to upgrade.

Hmmm? Is someone finally listening to me?

As I said, "I doubt it." But I will keep you posted.

• Members

After I told him that I would like to get four monitors EXACTLY THE SAME and possible get all mics EXACTLY THE SAME for ease of set up, another band member told me that the acoustic guy was telling the main singer exactly what I had told him and that he was agreeing with me - that we need to upgrade.

Hmmm? Is someone finally listening to me?

As I said, "I doubt it." But I will keep you posted.

I doubt it as well, after-all, what did all the tech stuff the acoustic guy and yourself were yammering about have to do with chasing poontang? :confused::D

• Members

It'd be cool if you guys were bakers, or at least pretended to be bakers, and called yourselves the "John Dough Band"

I used to be a baker. But I got sick of the dough and decided to go on the loaf!

Archived