Any experience with this mic?

• Members

I have a pair of them. I use one for an overhead mic on drums, and have no complaints with them. They sound fine for my purposes. They seem pretty sturdy too. My guitar player accidentally knocked over the OH mic stand stand during teardown a few weeks ago. The mic took the brunt of the "landing" since it was way out on an extended boom. Seems to work fine. Since my drummer uses a rack setup, I actually use a clamp on his rack, and clamp the mic stand directly to his rack. I don't notice any additional noise this way, but I run the OH mic pretty low in the mix too, with the 100Hz filter engaged. If there is any rumble from doing this, I don't hear it.

The only issue I have is with the mic clip. It's very similar to those Sennheiser clips that come with the 835's etc. The mic wants to slide out over time when pointed straight down. The clip just isn't quite tight enough to hold the weight of the mic when pointed straight down. I just put a little 1/2" wide strip of black duct tape around the clip and mic during the show. Works fine.

Archived