1/4" to Speakon Adaptor

• Members

those are cool. stay away from the Hosa ones with the little pigtail cable. I have 4 of those for whatever and they're sort of cheapish. the only issue with the adaptors are them sticking out from the amp or speaker a ways, easy to break, kick, pul on, etc..

• Members

those are cool. stay away from the Hosa ones with the little pigtail cable. I have 4 of those for whatever and they're sort of cheapish. the only issue with the adaptors are them sticking out from the amp or speaker a ways, easy to break, kick, pul on, etc..

Yeah, I don't use them on my speakers anymore because they stick out so far. I use them on one of my amps now. Bought some new cables and solved the "stick out" problem.

• Members

:confused:

What do you mean by: "sticking out from the amp or speaker a ways"?

A couple of the Speakon to 1/4 adaptors I have are over 3" long, then you plug in a 1/4" speaker cable and the whole apparatus stickes out from the amp(or speaker) like 5"..if you go that way. Or, the smarter approach is you have to plug in a little speakon cable(or 1/4") then your adaptor and lay it on the ground( a safer alternative but uses more cables).

the Hosa models I've not had much luck with are these:

http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/products/GSK-116.html

luckily I rarely run accross a gig where I need them anymore

Archived