Another Monitor Mix?

• Members

I have a Peavey PV14 mixer, when I bought it we were practicing with vocals going through an old guitar amp to get enough volume to keep up with the drums. I thought "I'll never need more than one monitor mix!"

Well, I need more. I'm not the best singer in the world, but i can tell when I'm on or off. That is until the other two singers in our band sing with me and it drives me crazy.

What can I do to get my own mix with this set-up. I have 3 open amp chanels available as well as plenty of monitors.

I could be happy with 2 mixes, 1 for me and 1 for everybody else (The people in the band that havn't bought any of the equipment).

Any thoughts?

• Members

I have the same mixer. If you're not running stereo FOH, just run "left" for FOH, and "right" for your second monitor mix. Use the pan control to cut levels going into the "right" monitor mix, by panning left. It will be post fader (adjustments to the slider will affect the level in that mix), but it's usable.

• Members

1. Use the FX send out but lose built in FX and is post fade

2 Use control room out (useless feature for live) :mad: out but still have same mix as the master fader mix. Uses headphone volume for master, Great for side fills

3 Use half click insert on vocal channel to feed to a powered monitor wedge.

I just sold mine because we keep adding more and more to our band and went back to the RQ mixer.

• Members

Well, I need more. I'm not the best singer in the world, but i can tell when I'm on or off. That is until the other two singers in our band sing with me and it drives me crazy.

When singing harmonies it's vital that each singer be able to hear and identify the other singers. I would suggest some a capella rehearsal until you learn how to listen to the other singers, and less of yourself.

• Members

Thanks,

I do not run in stereo, so I will try to use the "idle" main channel. Sounds like a little more work, but our next performance is a halloween party and we have all day to set up and dial it in.

Harmony doesn't bother me as bad as just singing the same notes.

Jeff

Archived