Yorkville Unity U215

• Members

I'm looking for a Drum fill that I can recommend to my company. I know everybody here loves Yorkville (I've never heard any of it but I've scouted out some dealers and am planning a trip soon). I'm not sure I can talk managment into EAW or Meyers (probably a bit too pricy), so as a mid priced speaker that looks like it would do the job I've come up with this one:

Unity 215

My question is, has anyone used the Unity series? If so Did you like it? Would the U215 be a good drum fill/monitor box?

I Like the idea of 2X15 vs 1X18 also I like the horn in the middle arrangment. This looks like a pretty thumping box but I'm asking for opinions.

Thanks

• Members

I have used it as a portable FOH speaker, a drum fill, side fill , and install FOH speaker.

Good in all reaspects. though ANY speaker that is doing full range sound, should not be expected to produce chest thumping lows.

Dont get me wrong, the speaker has a solid low end, but as a FOH speaker you will still want a sub. may a sub on teh drum fill as well depending on the drummer/venue/style.

Archived