Rack build progress.

• Members

I bought me a Mackie 1640 with the firewire card and I had to build a new rack for it due to the depth of the thing. So I have got it close to complete and thought I would share it. It is nothing real elberate but it more than suits the needs of me running sound from the stage while playing. I also mutitrack most of our shows into Digital Performer. Here is the gear list.

Mackie 1640 Firewire

Furman RP-80

Alesis 3630 (Dirty 30)x2

Behringer FBQ 3102(first eq and I started low end to see if I need one)

Peavey CS200X(Runs monitors in studio)

QSC PLX 2402

JBL M Pro 115

I am now trying to get some effects. I really want a Yamaha SPX 90 or 90II.

I have a Peavey 1.3K that is not in the rack due to the fact I don't have floor wedges or subs yet so really no need for the weight.

IMG_1679.jpgIMG_1680.jpgIMG_1681.jpg

• Members

Homemade racks work great.

Here's some tips from my experiences:

Some 3/4" corner bracing in areas where they won't interfere with gear makes the rack A LOT more sturdy for transport.

I do NOT see any wheels. Wheels (at least two of them locking) will make a HUGE difference. Go 4" on the wheels.

Springloaded surface handles work well, but if not exposed to much rain, simple rounded inward semi-square PADDED cutouts work just as well. have TWO handles per side for an easy two person carry.

Rear rack rails are nice but even hardwood strips will work there (and provide reinforcement). I'd add an input output panel on the rear or front sooner or later to avoid the reaching inside the rack deal when setting up.

dblittle via eBay and www.partsexpress.com are good sources of rack hardware parts.

Boomerweps

Archived