Any way to run my guitar pedals straight to the board without it sounding like crap??

• Members

hey whats up? I play guitar for my church, Im really wanting to use my pedals at church instead of the line6 thing they have, i cant use my amp because of stage volume they said, Is there any way to run my pedals straight to the board without it sounding like complete junk?. ...... i was thinking maybe some type of direct box with a speaker sim or something, maybe a H&K redbox or one of the radial DI's or maybe even a clean preamp of some sort, where i could get my clean sound and then run my pedals into that?...... is that do-able??

• Members

hey whats up? I play guitar for my church, Im really wanting to use my pedals at church instead of the line6 thing they have, i cant use my amp because of stage volume they said,

How about run your pedals into a a patch on the line 6 thing set for a clean sound or the sound most like the tone of your amp.

that is, I used to run a rat into a mostly clean twin. Why couldn't I run my rat into the line 6 twin emulation?

There is no reason why you can't put your pedals in front of the line 6 and use it just for the amp/speaker emulation, is there?

• Members

I 2nd the Rp350, bought one a couple weeks ago and it sounds, great. I tried a bunch of them before deciding on rp350. The thing I like most was it was very simple to set-up and is compact. I thought that the pod's were alot more complicated and had alot of stuff that I didn't need, but I'm sure it would sound good to.

I have already played with the rp350 on a couple of gigs with no amps and it has never sounded better. I still am expermenting with the best way to monitor myself on stage, and it is great not to have to carry amps and we have more room also, :cool:

Archived