Would this work for a small line array

• Members

Last night I worked a show where the audio boys (I was working lighting) hung an EAW JF260 from a schedule 40 pipe that was cheeseboroed onto a 15' truss tower with outriggers and 150lb baseplates that had a par bar and Mac 550 above it. It worked out very well and was a nice tight clean look. I was wondering if in your opinions if this would work for a small line array, maybe 2 - 4 boxes of VRX, Versarray, Widelines, etc. Just kinda thinking outloud......

• CMS Author

Last night I worked a show where the audio boys (I was working lighting) hung an EAW JF260 from a schedule 40 pipe that was cheeseboroed onto a 15' truss tower with outriggers and 150lb baseplates that had a par bar and Mac 550 above it. It worked out very well and was a nice tight clean look. I was wondering if in your opinions if this would work for a small line array, maybe 2 - 4 boxes of VRX, Versarray, Widelines, etc. Just kinda thinking outloud......

Fly rigging is not something that anyone should give a thumb's-up judgement based on a description on a website. There are way too many unknown variables and too much potential danger involved in a wrong guess.

• Members

That particular speaker has fly track built into it and is being suspended with gackflex (which is a spanset with saftey steel built in) and then safetied to the truss. Here is a slightly larger picture (had a friend help me resize it).

Archived