Klipsch PA speakers....should I buy?

• Members

I play in a 3-piece blues combo and we play bars and clubs with 50-75 people most of the time. I've been using Yamaha 15" mains but have grown weary of carrying and mounting them on the stand. I gathered from this forum that 12's are good when running only vocals through the mains.

A friend who builds speakers and systems has two Klipsch PA speakers that he recently reconed and will sell to me for 350 for the pair. Doing Google searches, I haven't found any info on Klipsch's PA line (if they even sell them any more) so I'm hoping that some on this board will chime in with their experience with these cabinets. Sorry but I don't have a model number for them. I will be driving the cabinets with a Yamaha EMX512 Powered Mixer.

Thanks in advance for any advice......

• Members

I play in a 3-piece blues combo and we play bars and clubs with 50-75 people most of the time. I've been using Yamaha 15" mains but have grown weary of carrying and mounting them on the stand. I gathered from this forum that 12's are good when running only vocals through the mains.

A friend who builds speakers and systems has two Klipsch PA speakers that he recently reconed and will sell to me for 350 for the pair. Doing Google searches, I haven't found any info on Klipsch's PA line (if they even sell them any more) so I'm hoping that some on this board will chime in with their experience with these cabinets. Sorry but I don't have a model number for them. I will be driving the cabinets with a Yamaha EMX512 Powered Mixer.

Thanks in advance for any advice......

I don't know how many models Klipsch makes for PA but I have an older set of Lascalla Industrial Speakers by Klipsch that sound pretty darn good but weigh about 130 lbs each.And are rated at 200watts RMS. Not a lot of power but very efficient. Now talk about growing weary carrying. uGH I have mine sitting ontop of JBL SRX718 subs.

l_c2398aae9cb892d27dadf7f4b23b55be.jpg

• Members

I had a set of industrial LaScala top-horns I used for years on top of a set of Altec A7's for band practices. I always thought they had a harsh brittle quality to their sound that got worse at higher volumes. They also used T-35 tweeters which are difficult to find and expensive to replace. I believe older Klipsch speakers, for the most part, do better with tube amps and pre-recorded music. Lots of old-school Hi-Fi snobs swear by them. For PA I'd look elsewhere.

• Members

I just learned that the speakers are the Heresy models.......not the earlier home-use Hi Fi speakers but the industrial ones. Thanks to all that have chimed in so far.....if anyone has opinions on the Heresy line for pro use, please let me know. Thanks!

• Members

Someday your warehouse will be the Smithsonian of live sound.

Actually, we may be moving to a new shop after 23 years and will really HAVE to have a clearance sale. Anybody need an original multizone delay from the 70's, with discrete CODEC cards, programmable delay cards? It's a real Smithsonian piece.

I've got some really cool stuff like that.

Archived