Teleprompter

• Members

I have a singer who has thus far not abandoned the on-stage music stand.

I work for a company that sells digital photo frames, I just got one with a couple of dead pixels in it for nothing. They can be set up with a slide show that can be moved forward manually, I'm trying to figure out if something could be done by mounting one in a small wedge box. Then just a bunch of JPG's with first lines of verses and things.

Am I being completely ridiculous? I know I've had some pretty out-there ideas before.

• Members

Usualy when a teleprompter is used on stage there is a person dedicated to scrolling it for the performer.

Since you're tying to make this self serve for your singer. Possible one of those tiny micro USB mice (they're about the size of your thumb and they're made to do all of the functions by rolling your thumb over it (more like a tiny track ball)). Put a hanger on their mic stand and let them scroll it manualy (using the equivalent of the scroll wheel).

Might work.

• Members

It's pretty common, and I've seen small LCD monitors used that way. Forget the scrolling, just change pages with a contact closure device or remote control. Much simpler.

That's what I was thinking, there isn't any way of me connecting a mouse to it anyway. It either has the remote or I could somehow hook up a manual footswitch (manually connected to the switch at the top of the frame).

• Members

Usualy when a teleprompter is used on stage there is a person dedicated to scrolling it for the performer.

Since you're tying to make this self serve for your singer. Possible one of those tiny micro USB mice (they're about the size of your thumb and they're made to do all of the functions by rolling your thumb over it (more like a tiny track ball)). Put a hanger on their mic stand and let them scroll it manualy (using the equivalent of the scroll wheel).

Might work.

This is static prompts with one page per song. It's a digital photo frame, not a full on computer.

Archived