A&H ZED series - specifically the ZED-24

• Members

I've done a search and can't find anything here on this mixer, the A&H ZED-24. I was set on buying a MixWizard 16:2, but then I saw this one. Anyone have any experience with it? How does it compare to the MixWiz 16:2? I've got the gut feeling that it's probably in my interest to just go ahead and get the MixWiz instead.

Thanks, guys.

• Members

well, the ZED is a lower cost line of mixers aimed at multi purpose, including recording. It has USB. The 24 is actually a 16 channel(16 mic pre's) mixer.The EQ is fixed high and low with sweepable mid, less one sweepable mid band than the EQ on MixWiz. I believe these are Chinese made mixers to hit a price point. Only 2 monitor sends too. Still, if you like a console style mixer, it'll do well, and at around $700 street, a good value. Personally I like a regular mixer config.

• Members

Got to run the board Saturday for a local band that just pick one up. Nice enough board and pretty conventional in setup. The only thing that I didn't like was 2 monitor sends. Kind of limiting but workable. Now if ya add their monitor board to the rig its a whole different story. But their monitor board will cost at least twice the price of the ZED. UGH!

• Members

Got to run the board Saturday for a local band that just pick one up. Nice enough board and pretty conventional in setup. The only thing that I didn't like was 2 monitor sends. Kind of limiting but workable. Now if ya add their monitor board to the rig its a whole different story. But their monitor board will cost at least twice the price of the ZED. UGH!

What about the Yamaha MG24? It has 6 aux sends (I think 4 pre/post selectable and 2 post).

• Members

What about the Yamaha MG24? It has 6 aux sends (I think 4 pre/post selectable and 2 post).

Yea, I've been using one of the 24/14fx boards regularly. I really like it. The two effects are very handy. Bunch o' sends. Decent EQ. A subwoofer out if you need it.. A talkback section. Lighted ch on/off buttons. Good value.

• Members

I have had the opportunity to mix on the MG24 and found it to be a great board for the price. But I ended up buying the Peavey 24FX. The effects are much better and you can stack 3 effects on each effect unit. It also has a slew of output processing that I've found to be quite handy. The difference in ability was well worth the difference in price

• Members

the Peavey is indeed a nice board with 20 mic pre's, EQ for the output, feedback finders, FX, usb, etc. I bought the Yamaha because it was half the price and I already had my B rig with 16 channel snake. I do like the effects in the Yamaha although I don't understand compressors, overdrive and guitar type effects on effects units that can't be inserted..

Archived