AudioTechnica AT3035 Microphone Any Good?

• Members

Hey Guys. Play Guitar and will use for vocals for home recording and also LIVE for Vocals (at home) with my Mixer (Peavey PV14-USB) and New Mackie SRM 450 V2's Powered Speakers.

I was looking at a Shure SM58, but these got good reviews???

I want to mainly use this for vocals in home studio. Also will this sound good just singing into it LIVE through my PA sustem?

The Cheaper AT2020 is $99.00 This one goes up to $199 at MF, but might get it NEW for $100 so thats a good deal and that is with the shockmount.

Anything else better or what are YOUR opinions on this Mic?

at3035-7e1e80dee2d0ce93db61b222eb21366f.

• Members

So If I am sitting in my house with an acoustic into the Mackie SRM 450V2's and I have this Mic on a stand to sing with it won't be too good?

Maybe a Shurme SM58 is better for this????

A condensor mic like this will pick up a lot and it's very prone to feedback. Unless your Mackie is in the next room, you're looking for trouble. You're much better off with a SM58. Other mic suggestions would be Beta58, Sennheisers, Audix OM's.

I have the AT 3035 and use it when I record.

Do you have a graphic EQ for feedback?

Johnny

• Members

No but I am NOW looking for a 58, or just added a NEW POSt because I have a chance to buy a Shure Beta 87A for $149, but might get it for $125??

Brand New! Is this a good deal and a good mic?

it is if its real, (must be used) be aware that there are a lot of counter fits from china.

• Members

+1 on the advice above. I have two AT3035's and they are excellent studio mics for the money. We use them for vocals, acoustic guitar, guitar and bass cab micing during recording and as room mics into a separate board during "live" practices and they do a great job.

But if your intention is to sing into a mic whose signal is going through a board and into a couple of powered speakers/monitors, you are better off with a dynamic mic like a SM58 et al.

Archived