Question regarding in-ears and small personal mixer

• Members

I'm thinking about setting up a small rig to feed in-ears for myself.

My band plays on cramped stages, and I stand right next to our drummer's cymbals. I go home with my ears ringing every time we play. I want to fix this by using in-ears.

I only need to hear my guitar amp and my vocals. I can hear everything else thru other player's wedges that are also really loud. I would atteunuate my personal volumes down to match the ambient sound from the stage. I think this would allow me to have much less overall volume level, but still be able to control how much guitar and my vocal that I hear.

I'd like to set up a small mixer to plug my vocal mic and guitar mic into. This would feed in-ears for me, and allow me to add or subtract my vocal or guitar as necessary. Each mic would also be sent to the band's mixing board.

Is there a small mixer that has XLR outs that I can send to the mixing board? I'd only need one monitor/aux send for my in-ears, but would like to send unmodified signals to the mixer for both mics.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Members

I use a 2 mic-splitters; Millenium SP 3 for the guitar-amp mic and guide-out on my TC voicetone correct for the vox, and route them to my wedge (RCF310A) via a very simple mixer (Art Promix) and the other pair to the FOH. We almost always play without a tech and this way I have the control I need for my foldback. It works great.

Archived