Lexicon MX200

• Members

The singer in my band picked up a Lexicon MX200 for our PA. Up to now, we've just been using the internal effects from the Mackie DFX12 mixer. I hooked it up, read the tutorial and everything works fine. We've gigged it a couple times and it's a vast improvement over the Mackie reverb. Now my question........the manual says it has 2 Factory Program Banks: a serial for instrument inputs and a parallel for aux input PA type applications. The factory default is serial so I followed the instructions to switch it to parallel. When I did the switch the replies I got for each step were not exactly what the manual said they would be. So now.........I think it is set for Parallel and if it is.......what is the difference and should I be able to hear it? Like I said, everything sounds fine so far........but it woud be a kick in the a$$ if it could sound better but doesn't because of operator error. I re/reread the manual and it says the difference is the mix levels between the 2 processors for the factory presets. Anyway I'm leaving it up to this august body to set me straight. Thanks.

• CMS Author

According to the manual, it seems the only difference between the settings is how the mix1 and mix2 controls are set for factory programs. If you adjust the wetness of either with the knob, that overrides the factory setting for the rest of the time you have the unit on. If you restart and reload the factory setting, it'll go back to the original mix1 -2 settings.

Archived