mackie sa1532z

• Members

Hi,

play in a covers band (rock etc) , currently using pair of srm450s and pair of swa1801's for pa - however to free up some space in my house and ease transport, am considering switching to a pair of sa1532z instead.

Anyone have any experience of the sa1532z's / views ?

Would also be interested if anyone has any opinions on other full range active speakers of similar power that could consider

cheers

• Members

I have a pair of these and love them. I have been running them 2 or 3 times a weekend for the past 18 months. I have had absolutely zero problems.

They are loud as hell but being a 90x40 cab they don't throw very far. I take it from your statement that you are thinking of ditching both the 450's and the 1801's. Even though the 1532's have a descent bottom end they perform better if you free up the bottom and run them through the 1801's high passed out.

• Members

20 amps is recommended in the manual. You know, that little book that comes with the gear....LOL

I also agree, the 1530's shine when used with subs. That said, Loud (Mackie of the past) is not the company it once was and service may be problematic at best.

• Members

Sounds more like operator error to me. Mine sound just as good weather it be a DJ or a band. I have been in bigger rooms with more people and still had head room. If your gonna push them they really need 20a a piece. I can't stress that enough. I have heard exactly what your describing but it was when I was running both sides on one circuit.

Hell I did a heavy metal outdoor show with the same setup and had complaints from three miles away. running on a 6500w generator
:facepalm:

By the symptoms you describe it sounds like you running out of AC.

Jeeze... Talk about some power (amperage) hungry speaker... But with the supplied 15 amp IEC plug on the speaker. That plug/connection isn

Archived