Yamaha Sub Setup?

• Members

I'm guessing those 2X18 subs are at 4ohms. Given that, I'd run the P7000 in stereo putting 1100 watts to each sub (550 to each 18" speaker).

I've looked to see what ohms they are, and can't find what it is. The yamaha mains are 8ohms.

• Members

They are 4 ohm...I'd definitely go with a stereo config.

One thing I don't understand is the two different 4 ohm stereo settings on the amp. If you go back to the amp link in the first post, you'll see two 4 ohm stereo ratings. One is 1100 watts a channel, and the other is 950. The 1100 setting is 1kHz and the 950 is 20Hz-20kHz. How do I set it to each?

• Members

No 2ohm bridge rating and, the P7000 doesn't appear to have a 4ohm bridged rating either.

I think for the long term use of that sub, you'll be best running that sub from 1000 to 1200 watts per box; the P7000 does that just fine for you.

Don't be swayed by the max number...you don't want to approach that much power to those drivers. If two of those subs powered in stereo by the P7000 isn't providing enough SPL, you'll need more subs.

• Members

No 2ohm bridge rating and, the P7000 doesn't appear to have a 4ohm bridged rating either.

I think for the long term use of that sub, you'll be best running that sub from 1000 to 1200 watts per box; the P7000 does that just fine for you.

Don't be swayed by the max number...you don't want to approach that much power to those drivers. If two of those subs powered in stereo by the P7000 isn't providing enough SPL, you'll need more subs.

It's 3200 watts at 4 ohms bridged.

• Members

WAY too much power for those speakers, also the P-7000 has some limiting circuitry that throttles the high rail back under high duty cycle use.

The 1000Hz rating is close enough for all practical purposes. There are some additional losses especially at higher frequencies, but even those are small.

Those boxes are best driven at ~400-500 watts per driver.

• Members

WAY too much power for those speakers, also the P-7000 has some limiting circuitry that throttles the high rail back under high duty cycle use.

The 1000Hz rating is close enough for all practical purposes. There are some additional losses especially at higher frequencies, but even those are small.

Those boxes are best driven at ~400-500 watts per driver.

thanx.

• Members

You got a pretty cool cab. We purchased one and love it. The Yamaha P7000 is what we wanted to use to power it but don't have the cash right now. Let us know how it sounds when you get it all hooked up.:thu:

Archived