Mackie 1604-VLZ3 vs. Allen & Heath MixWizard3 16:2

• Members

Does the Peavey 16FX have any place in this discussion? Seems like the specs are similar to those mentioned...

I've been seriously considering it over the MixWix based on the lower price and the built-in output processing (Feedback Ferret, limiter, etc)

I've ruled out lots of other boards at this price point because of too few aux sends, but the Peavey has 6...

Anyone know reasons not to consider this board?

It's really only 12 channels and the others are 16. If that's not a problem and you're not likely to outgrow it anytime soon... looks good to me. 12 channels is already constraining my band otherwise we'd be considering this board too.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

We're a 6 or 7 member band depending on the night and we're using 5 of the Auxes as individual monitor mixes with powered monitors. Aux 1 goes into channel 16 to create a subgroup of the backing vocals. ....From there, we create a L subgroup with all vocals and a R subgroup with all instruments. That is all summed in the mono (M) output. Meets all our mixing needs and then some.

Gray Blues, I like your routing technique. Bring up all vocals with one fader! Where does the summed mono go, straight to house speakers? So you don't use the stereo outs for the main pa speakers?

Thanks

Archived