D.A.S. Audio

• Members

Is anyone familiar with D.A.S. Audio? I am looking at the D.A.S. Rf-12.64, the CA-28B, and the Variant 25A. I am most interested in the Rf-12.64, but if either of the other two are pretty good, them I may go for a compact line array.

• Members

I use a DAS rig with (6) Compact 2's (15, mid, HF, 1000 watt powered) on top and (4) compact 218 (the 1000 watt powered version).

It has been a great sounding and reliable rig! The High Frequency horn mount was ill-devised, and required some tweaking to make it so the mounting plate didn't rattle loose (something we made sure to bring to the DAS reps attention. Another guy in town with these boxes had the same problem with his.)

We used a smaller version last week for a little multi-cultural fest (one sub and one top per side) and with no main EQ, just running a mini ALesis mixer, a DJ's CD rig and a couple of mics into it, it sounded great! I got a few chances to walk to the far end of the park (wher ethe bathroom building was) and it was still a good full mix.

I have stepped away from the audio work I used to do so I no longer have the chance to see the other gear in action as frequently. One shop had the Aero rig (medium and large varieties) and they always sounded pretty good to me (except the fact that one of the FOH guys loves his 4K..... Gawd that gets tiring quick....

So a thumbs up from me!

Archived