Waves Audio switches to subscription-only..

davie

• Moderators

It seems like Waves Audio has made the decision to switch to a subscription-only business model and no allow customers to purchase plugins individually. The subscription costs $15 per month or $25 per month for the Ultimate version. I've read through many online posts on various forums and platforms and it seems like the large 99% majority of people hate this idea and many are looking to boycott or switch to using alternative plug-ins by other companies. Many of their core customer base who originally purchased individual plug-ins and bundles feel alienated by this decision since Waves has also decided to no longer support updates for those customers. Software updates may be critical to some customers because occasional changes to their audio software (DAW) or operating systems can potentially render the plugins useless overtime. So there's a chance that eventually the software will no longer work. If we do the math; $25/mo subscription is $300 per year. Typically people pay about $30-40 per plugin or around $100 for a plugin bundle. Most people including myself tend to look for a select number of plugins they like and just stick with them. I don't see most people spending close to $300 each year purchasing individual plugins, so the price point doesn't seem very justified. I don't see this change as a benefit to the customer really. Feel free to leave your thoughts and discuss.

You can no longer buy Waves plugins individually, as company goes 100% subscription
https://www.musicradar.com/news/waves-creative-access-subscription