Demo'd KV2 EX2.2's Saturday

• Members

Thanks guys. I guess what I was asking is if the EX2.2 limited/clipped with a stong kick drum signal? I know with most rigs, even my own, the first thing to want to clip my amp is the kick drum. Just curious if that was a problem with this sub or if it has enough headroom to take those transients at loud volumes.

• Members

I never heard any clipping and when I got the chance to walk over to Brian's side of the stage to check the lights on the subs I never saw any limiting. They have a ton of head room.

Our mixer is a MixWiz3, subs are Aux fed. We've used the e-drum, Beta52 and a D6 all with great results. The best part is how easy the setup is, if your mixing from stage and don't have time to tweak x-overs these suckers are even better.

Side note - we tested the rig with Muse's Starlight and no limiting. Last year we tripped the breaker with Paralyzer on the iPod, not this year and tons of thump.

• Members

Thanks guys. I guess what I was asking is if the EX2.2 limited/clipped with a stong kick drum signal? I know with most rigs, even my own, the first thing to want to clip my amp is the kick drum. Just curious if that was a problem with this sub or if it has enough headroom to take those transients at loud volumes.

The KV2 subs are a little different in how they limit. Instead of squashing peaks, the sub just turns itself down for a few seconds when things get too loud. So it won't get any louder... but it still stays punchy.

• Members

Have any of you EX 2.2 users have any issues running the subs with the 120hz filters?

Im toying with the idea of replacing my 2 718s with either a pair of QSC K Subs, or one powered VRX918 or one EX 2.2 and then adding another later down the road. I like the light weight easy to move JBL's and Im alittle concerned that the 100+ pound KV2 will be hard to load up vs the 918thats only about 5 pounds more than the 718.

• Members

Drum- the 120Hz filters are on all the time, you can't disengage them.

KF - My first throught would be 2 EX2.2's and 4 EX10 or EX12's but that may be 2 much for 500 or it may just be perfect. That is what I'm hoping to get to.

The only thing for tops that has caught my eye is the VRX932LAP, the pass through power option is very cool and you can pole mount 2 per side. But you will lose the processing designed to work together in the EX system.

• Members

I went with the Ex2.2's simply because the 2.5's draw 16amps and use a twist lock. We rarely play bars that have 20amp outlets let alone a twist lock for 30amp. The cool part with the 2.5's is one can power a ES2.6 as well but weigh 200lbs compared to 100lbs..

The EX2.5's and the passives (which can only be used with KV2's amps) are incredibly heavy.

Archived