older db powered speaker

• Members

I just bought an older DB technologies exe2p powered speaker of ebay.

I am after some information about it, I know it sounds like I'm asking at the wrong time but at the price I got it for I can always just sell it again and get a profit. I haven't really had a chance to test it but it seems to work fine with no rattles or distortion or anything.

Pretty basic, unbalanced in and out (no preamp), power switch and volume control, horn looks pretty small for the box size as well.I can't find any information on this at all and I am trying to figure out if anyone knows anything about it? Opinions compared to more up-to-date powered wedges etc.

• Members

How does it sound?

So far I've heard it demoed by the guy I bought it from. Mid to high volume using a wireless mic and backing track. I haven't fiddled with eq adjustments I've only heard it through the system that he was running.

It sounded reasonably smooth but toppy. And not much in the way of bass. I attribute that to buying it off an older guy who has lost all his high end. Probably going to be at least a day and a half before I get to try it out properly - and even then I can only try it with pretty cheap old mics (my good ones are gone and need replacing).

For the price I got it for, and given it's weight,the current need of an extra wedge and the volume levels that I have already heard it at, it will do what I need. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?

Archived