one man show ,take it to the max

• Members

First I bought a Fishman loudbox. It was OK but not what I had hope for.Then thanks to this site I ask some questions and in turn purchased a Fishman solo. It is better and I hope when I learn how to tweak it that I will be very happy. Now I am in the process of sending the loudbox back but..... I was wondering if there is any benefit to running both? Keep in mind that I have a great guitar with hookup and a vocal with schure sm58 mic. That is how it is and that is how I hope to keep it. Is the solo all I need or will the loudbox help out.. Playing for less than 100 people at best.

• Members

If there are times when you might need more "juice" than the frishman solo has alone it "might" be helpful to have the loud box too, to run off of the soloamp's DI output... but... if it were me... I would rather have a second soloamp so that both units were the same. So for me... I would rather go ahead and return the loud box, and purchase a second solo amp... if i were going this way.

• Members

Have you compared the Fishman to BOSE? Bose (L1 model1) is 750 watts vs Fishman 220 watts, and BOSE comes w/sub.

btw, any other done the comparing?

BOSE has a new one, compact, and it's said to cover small venues with up to 100 people. L1 model1 is said to cover 500 people. Guess it does for 1 instrument. I use it for guitar+vocals, and it easily works for 2-300. If not, I'm screwed tonoght... :eek:

Archived