SKB & Gator rack case stackability

• Members

Ok, so you don't like the advice given and you seem to have all the bases covered so why do you even come here?

Your math is fucked up. Plain and simple.

If you don't want good advice, there are other ego stroking forums that may suit your needs (wants) better.

I'm not looking for anyone to stroke my eggo waffle! That's just wrong! :p

Hey, I came here to find out if the two brand of cases were compatable to stack. Now, I think there have two responces so far that actually answers that question. On that note, I'm am thankful for the responces about having issues with them since my only experence has been good. If there are potentual problems to look out for, I want to know, and apreceate them.

As I stated in my original post, we decided to go with (2) 6U cases because having (1) 12U case would end up over 200lbs when loaded. I cosidered the idea of (2) EWI 6U cases, but thought about the Gator/SKB angle because I had good luck with using them in the past.

No worries Agedhorse, I just find your posts funny most of the time, just the way you come off. I have spent enough time here to know that it's just how you are, direct and to the point with no B.S. I actually like that, but dont expect me to kiss your avatar. ;)

You remind me of a guy I used to work with years ago that I really liked, so I don't get all hissy about what you post. I mean come on, you can't have an avatar of a horse's butt and come off like Mary friggin' Poppins, can you! :lol:

Again, I was only asking if they would stack, but I do apreceate the warnings and I will take them seriously. If I rack these amps and feel the case isn't safe, I'll sell it and order a couple EWI 6U cases.

Like I said, these cases sell like hotcakes on craig's list, so I will have no issues selling it for my money back if I decide to go that route.

Again, thanks for the imput guys,

You too Agedhourse! :thu:

• Members

AFAIK, all the plastic case makers make their standard size cases so they will interlock with the others. Compatibility makes for a better seller.

IF I had consistant help available, I'd only buy the EWI cases. I don't and sometimes every pound counts when it's a one person loadout. Right now I'm using MBT brand cases. Baby them a little and they can last. Get lazy and throw a hand truck across them in the trailer and look out ;>( Using the smaller versions means a much easier one person lift and that person can better lift and set them down preventing damage to the case and the gear inside. I'm using a 10RU amp rack and a 12RU FOH rack and am strongly considering cutting that gear apart into 2 smaller cases each, likely 4 6RU for consistant stacking. Probably shorter depth on the FOH to save more space. My basic goal is 60# or less packages. I've trimmed the "fat" already in my cable boxes with the same goal. No reason to take EVERY cable owned or especially the longer heavier ones UNLESS it's an outdoor gig for me.

I did a strange DJ/band mix gig for a wedding last night. Only played drums about 1/3 as much as I normally do. I feel worn out just the same today as after a normal 4 hour band gig. It's the hauling and lifting that wears me down.

Boomerweps

Archived