WELCOME BACK...

• Members

Why do people see knobs on mixers (gates, compressors, efx units, etc.) and feel the need to tweek the system even though they have no concept of what the knob actually does.

Had a service call today from a private school where we've installed several systems over the last 8 years. Took me less than a minute to see the mixer had been "played" with. Re-set it and sent them a bill for $ 75.00. :facepalm:

• Members

Why do people see knobs on mixers (gates, compressors, efx units, etc.) and feel the need to tweek the system even though they have no concept of what the knob actually does.

Had a service call today from a private school where we've installed several systems over the last 8 years. Took me less than a minute to see the mixer had been "played" with. Re-set it and sent them a bill for $ 75.00.
:facepalm:

Too cheap ;)

• Members

$75 was a steal!

I'm repairing a new installation that was done horribly wrong for my school district. The speakers in the new auditorium are all bi-amped with no DSP running (either amp based or external) No limiting. No EQ. Shielded 18 Ga. speaker wire. Mono FOH send. Single monitor send. One 20 amp circuit to feed four CDi1000 and one CDi2000 amps. All of the amp inputs are just daisy chained together (terminal to terminal). I guess the LS9-32 is supposed to make it all better!

Archived