changing my cabinets to tour x or srx

• Members

What about the zx5 is it worth paying 100 more for a 15"?

Haven't heard the ZX5, but the ZX3 is a great little box when used within the context it is designed for. Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra money for the ZX5. I'd use the ZX3 over subs when I needed the added output in that region, or just use the tops for small vocal only type gigs or monitors on bigger shows.

I think you'll be surprised when you realize the amount of output and the sound quality of this little box.

• Members

Haven't heard the ZX5, but the ZX3 is a great little box when used within the context it is designed for. Personally, I wouldn't pay the extra money for the ZX5. I'd use the ZX3 over subs when I needed the added output in that region, or just use the tops for small vocal only type gigs or monitors on bigger shows.

I think you'll be surprised when you realize the amount of output and the sound quality of this little box.

Thanks

• Members

Well, if there's a chance you're gonna use the tops without subs and you're in Colombia where audiences crave the bass, yes, the ZX5's are a great option. They get stupid loud and go fairly low.

I'd consider the FTB Himaxx 60a as well. LOTS of bass and power, with smoother mids and highs.

• Members

Well, if there's a chance you're gonna use the tops without subs and you're in Colombia where audiences crave the bass, yes, the ZX5's are a great option. They get stupid loud and go fairly low.

I'd consider the FTB Himaxx 60a as well. LOTS of bass and power, with smoother mids and highs.

If his audiences crave the bass, the ZX5 is going to do very little to address that. He needs to use subs........most likely in multiples.

• Members

If his audiences crave the bass, the ZX5 is going to do very little to address that. He needs to use subs........most likely in multiples.

I don't think you have heard either the ZX5 or the HiMaxx 60a...

These won't replace subs, but it seems that he wants the lows to be there, and sometimes he won't bring a sub.

• Members

I don't think you have heard either the ZX5 or the HiMaxx 60a...

These won't replace subs, but it seems that he wants the lows to be there, and sometimes he won't bring a sub.

True.......I haven't heard either of those offerings, but I've heard a boatload of 15" 2-way boxes & quite frankly none of them offer enough bass for an audience they craves it. Are they better than 12" offerings.......usually, but not always.

Of course our ideals may differ when comparing amount of bass needed, but when I think of an audience that craves bass.........I'm bringing subs. There's little work around IMO..........maybe a beefy dual 15?

Archived