General Connectivity help ...

• Members

You can leave your speakers hooked up the same as they have been. Now you will only have 1 XLR plugged into the input of channel 1 on each amp. Nothing plugged into channel 2.

From your Xover the hi signal to the RMX2450 ch1. The low signal to the PLX3402 ch 1.

There are dipswitches on the back of your amps you need to put switches 4 and 5 into the on position, on the PLX you need to put 6 in the on position also. That will parallel your inputs so that both speakers are still getting the same signal (from ch1). Do this to both amps and also make sure that the switches for "bridged mode" are in the OFF position.

Also I would turn on the clip limiters.

For me the setup for the PLX would be

1 On

2 Off

3 On

4 On

5 On

6 On

7 OFF

8 On

9 Off

10 On

And the RMX

1 On

2 Off

3 On

4 On

5 On

6 OFF

7 OFF

8 On

9 Off

10 On

• Members

Yes it does, sorry samkokajko. So my last question (hopefully) ... Since i'll only be going through on channel on the crossover ... i will only have to set the crossover freq. from low/high ... ?? don't have to worry about mid to high ??

Therefore, seeing as my subs are EV QRX 118S's .... i will turn the X-Over Freq. dial on channel 1 (on the dbx 223xl) to 100Hz .... and thats it ? nuthin from mid to high x-over freq ?

• Members

Make sure that all the buttons on the back of the x-over on the up position (not engaged) even the one that says mono/stereo. I know it seems counter-intuitive but you are running the x-over in stereo 2-way mode and only using channel 1.

If you put it into mono mode with that switch then it will also become a 3way xover which you do not want.

All buttons on the back out, hook up your input from your EQ, high out to your RMX, low out to your PLX, set up your amp dipswitches.

Put your x-over freq around 100Hz to start and balance your output levels with the crossover.

Step 3, rock.

• Members

Thanks samokokajko ... all your help has been great. That part with having the button down for STEREO mode (but i'm running Mono) is quite confusing but i understand what you are saying. Why do these developers do that ? Why don't they just make a unit where it's plug and play with whatever mode you wish to run ?

• Members

Thanks samokokajko ... all your help has been great. That part with having the button down for STEREO mode (but i'm running Mono) is quite confusing but i understand what you are saying. Why do these developers do that ? Why don't they just make a unit where it's plug and play with whatever mode you wish to run ?

Because they make the units to work with a few different setups. It gets them a larger market for the unit.

Archived