what makes you different

• Members
That's part of the big picture. Along with cooperation, showingup on time, doing what you say you will do, etc.

Also part of the big picture can be helping to resolve other technical issues with an event. Part of this is determined by your skill and experience. For example, I run sound for many summer outdoor festivals. There are usually always electical issues at these events. Some of the time (in addition to sound) I'm contracted to help balance their circuit loads.

Are you an asset or a necessary evil to the person who hired you.

• Members

Some of this, unfortunately, is tied up with the cooperation of the venue and the bands. When we have to struggle with getting things done because of stuff thrown in our way, and petty infighting, we can go into damage control mde to prevent everything from falling apart. When this happens, some folks are bound to get butt-hurt. If you are a reasonable person, you will understand. Unfortunately, not all people are reasonable.

• Members

Hi all,

Instead of standard mixing techniques,, what tips you think makes you elite from other people in same job.,

I can sum it up pretty well in one word Attitude!

I agree with most of the post here but this word sort of covers them all.

FWIW Most days I'm good but some days mine sux, that's why I do OK but am not top of the heap (just somewhere in the middle of the dog pile).

Archived