I want a flugelhorn

• Members

I told you about that overpriced Jestadt at Dillon, right? Well, I went there and played it, and it DEFinitely wasn't worth the $2200 that they were so kindly UNwilling to budge on. And I know I would never, ever use it live. But somehow, I still want it something fierce :(

I also want a cornet. I tried out the entire wall of used cornets at Dillon , and a couple weren't too shabby. But I left thinking "I really really don't need a cornet". But guess what? I still want one :D:(

And THEN. I occurred to me that for less than the price of the Jestadt, I could get an MDT, which I wanted so so bad back when I had no money, but now I went back to the site and watched the demos and thought about how I'd use it (to control the VSTi's on my laptop) and and it's really not going to be very useful to me at all. But, and I hope you're sensing a pattern here, I STILL WANT IT ;):(

• Members

I told you about that overpriced Jestadt at Dillon, right? Well, I went there and played it, and it DEFinitely wasn't worth the $2200 that they were so kindly UNwilling to budge on. And I know I would never, ever use it live. But somehow, I still want it something fierce
:(

I also want a cornet. I tried out the entire wall of used cornets at Dillon , and a couple weren't too shabby. But I left thinking "I really really don't need a cornet". But guess what? I still want one
:D:(

And THEN. I occurred to me that for less than the price of the Jestadt, I could get an MDT, which I wanted so so bad back when I had no money, but now I went back to the site and watched the demos and thought about how I'd use it (to control the VSTi's on my laptop) and and it's really not going to be very useful to me at all. But, and I hope you're sensing a pattern here, I STILL WANT IT
;):(

I know the feeling on the cornet. I've been watching Ebay and there are a couple Conn Coprion cornets now and then that look nice to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Acquired another Martin Fluegelhorn recently (they're mis-named, BTW).

Have a line on another Martin Handcraft Committee, but I don't really need one. If it turns out to be better than I'm thinking (haven't seen it "in-the-flesh", yet), I may pop for it. It's a "partner-deal" (with another guy who enjoys speculating on / flipping horns). He owes me, anyhow.

Nothing like a real good Martin ....

Archived