pair k12 + a sub or a pair jbl prx 535 for karaoke

• Members

Hello

Help me choose a Pair QSC seies( k8 K10 or k12)~PRX535for karaoke for a home use . which would be better ( sound quality & feed back etc,,,) And which sub would be efficent for a pair k series ( Mackie SRM1801 or PRX 515 ) Thank in advance

Henry

• Members

PRX512 over PRX518 or 718 or K12 over Ksub.

PRX515 is not a sub.

You will need to understand the crossover if you want this to sound it's best. Feedback has to do with mic and speaker placement and proper EQ.

Sorry I ment prx 518s

Thanks

Henry

• Members

Hello

Help me choose a Pair QSC seies( k8 K10 or k12)~PRX535for karaoke for a home use . which would be better ( sound quality & feed back etc,,,) And which sub would be efficent for a pair k series ( Mackie SRM1801 or PRX 515 ) Thank in advance

Henry

Why on earth would you need a "pair" of tops and a sub for "home" karaoke? I can understand if you're planning on running it in stereo (vs mono). PA speakers are primarily designed for projection and coverage, with enough power to deal with noisy crowds/venues. Whatever you choose, you certainly won't be setting the output knob to "11" for a home use application.

My recommendation to you is, go to your local pro-sound dealer, and rent a single decent top for a day or two, and try it out. You may rethink your needs entirely, and possibly save quite a bit of cash in the process. Tell your dealer what you're trying to do, and he may even apply the rental fee against the purchase price of your eventual speaker choice.

A full-range top is capable of quite a bit of bottom-end at "home use" levels. A single Yorkville NX55p for example, would completely cover your needs, and you wouldn't even need a mixer. The speakers' built-in mixer has a mic input and a line input; each with their own output-level knobs. and there's EQ as well.

Adding a small external mixer may not offer much more, since the EQ section on those are generally quite limited. The benefit of course, would be the capability of connecting multiple input sources if need be. Some compact mixers may have built-in FX, but you'll most likely only need a bit of reverb or delay for the vocal mic.

Don't forget, you'll also need a karaoke-capable disc-player (CD+G), and a video monitor. These CD+G units have a left/right audio output, and a video output for your video monitor.(lyrics/bouncing ball)

Have fun, :thu:

• Members

As for the CD+Gs, I would take a look at the CAVS systems for home use, the packs of which provide a lot of songs (typically, well over 1000 per-disc) on very few discs for a ridiculously low price compared to CD+Gs. The only downside being when you change discs, there

• Members

Marko,

Where do you buy your CAVS karaoke packs? I haven't heard of those before.

There are a few distinctive styles of music you can buy as well. Cheapo karaoke discs that are played on a keyboard,,,, more expensive discs that sound just like the real thing (minus the vocals),,,, and there are discs with full content, including lead and back-up vocals. You basically just sing along with the latter, and I found the best reaction from the singers, were for this type of disc. Performers also seemed much more confident with this type of disc. Easier on the ears too.
:)

I

Archived