Drowning in Lighting Issues

• Members

First off, sorry I know this isn't the lighting room, but no one is EVER in there and it gets cold and lonely.

Second. I have a show this Saturday and I was hoping to have a couple of LED wash strips to put up for it (First time having lighting at a show for us) but that didn't work out.

So now I'm stuck with a local GC or Skips Music (Sacramento) to pick up lighting.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't really want to spend more than $400. I just want to light the wall behind us, as well as US.

I'm seriously contemplating buying stuff from GC then returning it after the show so I can go get what I wanted in the first place... is that so wrong?! :(

• Members

I'm seriously contemplating buying stuff from GC then returning it after the show so I can go get what I wanted in the first place... is that so wrong?!
:(

Legally, no. Morally, each person will have their own opinion. IMHO - an emphatic "yes!" YMMV

• Members

There's gotta be some good SR/lighting rental companies in the area. See if someone has some LED strips or LED PARs that you can rent. They'll probably give you a deal if you say you're looking to buy and want to try 'em out (which is pretty much what you're doing).

• Members

So now I'm stuck with a local GC or Skips Music (Sacramento) to pick up lighting.

I worked a Skips in sac about 9 years ago, there are still a bunch of guys there that have been there a long time. Most of the guys in the PA department know (mostly) what they are talking about. Just let them know what you are looking for and if you can test them out. Their rental dept is pretty big they might rent lighting as well.

• Members

Try Sacramento Theatrical & Lighting. I don't know if they rent to small guys but they have EVERYTHING. They're somewhere on Richards Blvd.

(916) 447-3258

(800) 283-2785

They rent to small guys. I've used them plenty. Pretty amazing inventory.

Archived