my "$900" SRX pair from G.C.

• Members

...so, i'm at guitar center on some other business and I see some older SR4733x cabs on sale used of course. they look clean enough. I have 4 subs that match so it rounds out another system for me... i noticed a dust cap on one was torn. i know the mgr and he kindly offers the cabs up for $450ea, a very fair price I think.

I did ask if the cabs work reasonably well.. "oh yea, they were tested fine":confused:

I get the dust cap from OC speaker, drop off the cabs to my reconing buddy, noticed they were set on 'biamp', which means GC probably didn't test them all that well...

would you take a guess at how many of the 6 components actually worked in the two cabs, out of 2 HF and 4 15"? one of the 15s wasn't blown up :facepalm: :facepalm:

I guess buyer beware and all. it's almost laughable now..

• Members

I almost bought a set of MRX 525s from our GC.They had 750.00 per box on them,and I had them talked into 550.00 per box.When I returned with the cash they had sold them ( for the 750.00 per box).Got them back in less than a day because of the almost exact same damage.I think two of the fifteens still worked.

• Members

That's the problem with buying used speakers, especially JBL. Idiots who think that a speaker "needs" a certain wattage are going to abuse the hell out of them, and rather than using appropiate amps (and back off a little) they sell/return them and pass the problem on.

I'm sure the speakers sounded great overpowered... until everything went silent.

Archived