microphone shock??

• Members

You may be right in that case...it may not show a ground fault...here is a link to the manual...

Shiver me timbers, it's a Monster solution backed with a manual with an explaination of what's going on inside the box that's as clear as mud. Read about the designers, their bios and the claims about Mr. Marsh. He invented the DC servo in power amps??? Bull{censored}, that's been around well before and in fact the passive DC servo has been around since probably the 50's. And the MultiCap (multiple paralleled smaller caps in a single package) that's claimed to be pateneted by Mr. Marsh and Mr. Lim as inventors of record... they do not show up in the patent inventors database. Read the other bios and you will see they are long on marketing and pretty short on substance like education, details of technology they have invented (really invented) and most everything references back to audiophile sound and "beautiful" (their words not mine) music. The comment about the giant 50,000 watt industrial motors is preposterous... that's only 60HP. I work with motors that big at least once a week. I also work with motors that are ~1,000,000 watts (or roughly 1000HP) as do a couple of other forumites here. Let's put this whole thing in perspective.

Here's the problem, the world is full of marketing fluff. It's easy to make up a "beautiful" backstory and write believable prose in a marketing environment because the reader WANTS to believe good things. "Good" marketing works best where the purchaser does not understand the technical details or principles behind the product. That frees the advertising folks up to concentrate on what sounds good rather than what is technically accurate and sound.

There is no way an (conventional as in reasonably accessable to a non-engineer consumer) outlet tester can detect a reversed ground and neutral. As soon as you understand the technology behind electrical system grounding, you will realize why I spotted this inaccurate claim.

I am in no way busting you for this beerguy, I am just using this as a great example of how marketing and not understanding the technology behind the problem. Your example was ideal and unbelievably common situation where the conflict between marketing and technology clash, leading to a further dumbing down of the consumer. Feed them wrong information is just bad IMO.

• Members

Shiver me timbers, it's a Monster solution backed with a manual with an explaination of what's going on inside the box that's as clear as mud. Read about the designers, their bios and the claims about Mr. Marsh. He invented the DC servo in power amps??? Bull{censored}, that's been around well before and in fact the passive DC servo has been around since probably the 50's. And the MultiCap (multiple paralleled smaller caps in a single package) that's claimed to be pateneted by Mr. Marsh and Mr. Lim as inventors of record... they do not show up in the patent inventors database. Read the other bios and you will see they are long on marketing and pretty short on substance like education, details of technology they have invented (really invented) and most everything references back to audiophile sound and "beautiful" (their words not mine) music. The comment about the giant 50,000 watt industrial motors is preposterous... that's only 60HP. I work with motors that big at least once a week. I also work with motors that are ~1,000,000 watts (or roughly 1000HP) as do a couple of other forumites here. Let's put this whole thing in perspective.

Here's the problem, the world is full of marketing fluff. It's easy to make up a "beautiful" backstory and write believable prose in a marketing environment because the reader WANTS to believe good things. "Good" marketing works best where the purchaser does not understand the technical details or principles behind the product. That frees the advertising folks up to concentrate on what sounds good rather than what is technically accurate and sound.

There is no way an (conventional as in reasonably accessable to a non-engineer consumer) outlet tester can detect a reversed ground and neutral. As soon as you understand the technology behind electrical system grounding, you will realize why I spotted this inaccurate claim.

I am in no way busting you for this beerguy, I am just using this as a great example of how marketing and not understanding the technology behind the problem. Your example was ideal and unbelievably common situation where the conflict between marketing and technology clash, leading to a further dumbing down of the consumer. Feed them wrong information is just bad IMO.

No worries....just here to learn. Like i said earlier, I have seen a notable differencein noise in the system since I have been using it, and I have caught a few bad grounds also. I also like the amp timer on-off feature.

Archived