Question about effects units

• Members

Hi guys,

I just have a quick query as im looking at buying an effects unit siimliar to either the mx lexicon series or the TC Electronics m1 XL.

What i would like to know is when edit patches etc can only one effect be applied to each engine. For example if i am running it in dual mono, am i only able to say a reverb to one side and a compressor to the other. Or is it possible to apply say an eq, compressor and reverb to one engine and a compressor and a delay to the other mono send.

Cheers

• Members

IIRC, what you have with thew M-One is two mono-in/stereo out effects engines who's outputs are mixed down to a single stereo output.

The big caveat to this unit (unless I missed something) is that the effects are saves as a set (engine one and engine two) instead of individually. In other words if you are running two reverbs and decide on the fly that you want a chorus on engine two, you can't just load a chorus into that engine - you have to find and load a preset that has a reverb in engine one and a chorus on engine two - and then tweak the verb to the settings you were running (or create a new preset). Rather a nuisance.

Archived