OK, I just ordered a DBX Driverack PA+ but ....

• Members

I remember some of the discussions about this piece a while ago. Some love 'em and some do not think they are necessary. I thought, after reading about it, that it might be a cool piece to have in my rack. I think I know the answer to my question but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. Do I still keep my 1231 in the rack or does the DR replace it? With pieces like this are manual EQ's going the way of the buggy whip or can they both coexist?

• Members

With pieces like this are manual EQ's going the way of the buggy whip or can they both coexist?

If I am mixing a show myself, I will leave the GEQ at home and work with the processor only but if I am system teching, I will always include a manual EQ so the BE can get "hands on".

Dennis

• Members

If you already have them both I would keep the 1231 in the rack. If you were buying new it would take some consideration to decide if the ease of use would be beneficial.

If you've got it, use it. It is much easier to work with a conventional EQ and you may find you do better work with it then through the menus of the one in the DriveRack

• Members

If I am mixing a show myself, I will leave the GEQ at home and work with the processor only but if I am system teching, I will always include a manual EQ so the BE can get "hands on".

Dennis

+1,,,it can help avoid a BE wanting access to ur dsp.

and it is a hell of a lot faster to grab a slider on an eq than it is to access the main eq from a dsp menu etc.

• Members

If you already have them both I would keep the 1231 in the rack. If you were buying new it would take some consideration to decide if the ease of use would be beneficial.

If you've got it, use it. It is much easier to work with a conventional EQ and you may find you do better work with it then through the menus of the one in the DriveRack

Yep, this was what I was thinking.

• Members

I had a DBX 2231 before buying a Driver rack. I took the EQ out of the rack and considered selling it to a freind. After a few shows it went back in just for the easy of having it right there. My preference is the long throws on the 1231 and 2231 especially when in a hurry. YMMV Leave it there.

Archived