Current project

Danocoustic

• Members

The neck is being made by Steve Parker.  Straight-grain maple with an ebony board, big Strat headstock, 22 medium jumbo nickel/silver frets, two dots at the 12th fret (no other fb inlays), side dots. I'll cut a bone nut for it. Haven't chosen tuners yet.

The pickguard is being made by Richard Flatt. Single-ply birch, no finish (haven't decided what I want yet). I'll be doing the pickup routs; he wasn't sure where to put them. It's an atypical design. Only two pot bores, centered between the usual three. Normal switch slot.

Andrew Robertson wound the P90s. Really looking forward to hearing them. He wound a Strat set of 3 SCs for me---clones of a 1960 set he loves---and they are GREAT. High hopes for these P90s.

These are all people I met on Facebook guitar-nerd group pages. Great folks, and very reasonably priced!

I've got a Hipshot hardtail bridge left over from another project that didn't quite work out. MojoTone supplied the 4-way Tele-style switch, CTS pots, Orange Drop cap, &c. I'll solder it up with cloth-covered pushback wire.

This is how I have my fun these days :)

Archived