OT - Dig this

• Members

Pretty impressive talent.

Maybe when he grows up, he will learn to be a bass player and not another guy trying to be a guitar virtuoso on a bass.

Call me when he can groove...

He had a pretty impressive groove for a 13 year old. I wish I was as untalented as he is...:thu:

• Members

For the record, I never accused him of being untalented.

For me, bass playing is not about self-indulgent noodling and "look-at-me." I have always been content being the groovemaster in the back holding it down with the drummer. I'll take a Jamerson or Dunn over fretboard shredding musical masturbation any day.

My infamous quote to my bandleader: "I don't do bass solos."

• Members

My infamous quote to my bandleader: "I don't do bass solos."

Old joke time (this has been around awhile):

A tourist gets off a plane in The Congo and hears drums playing off in the distance. He expresses concern to the baggage handler... baggage handler sez: "Eh... it's nothing to be scared of as long as the drums keep playing." The tourist then takes a cab to his hotel, and when he gets out of the cab, he notices the drums are louder & seemingly closer. He expresses concern to the taxi driver. The taxi driver sez: "Eh... it's nothing to be scared of so long as the drums keep playing." The tourist figures the taxi driver knows what he's talking about, shrugs and goes to into the hotel. By the time he's at the front counter of the hotel, the drums are really loud... and the tourist expresses concern to the hotel clerk... and the clerk sez the same as everyone else: "It's ok... nothing to be concerned with so long as the drums keep playing." No sooner had the clerk reassured the tourist that everything was fine, but what the drums suddenly stopped... and the clerk starts freaking out... saying "Oh no... the drums stopped... THE DRUMS STOPPED!!!" The tourist is grilling the clerk about what now... where upon the panic striken clerk blurts out: "This is very bad... the drums stopped playing... now it's time for BASS SOLO!"

Archived