Suggestions for subs & mains (eventually) for church youth building

• Members

We're adding subs to our church's youth building. Currently, they have a pair of Mackie sr1530z. Actually, I have for a while been looking for something used like some QSC hpr181's, but seems like no one in the south is willing to part with them.

So yesterday our youth pastor said they are ready to move on some subs and he meant they are really ready. So I'm off the path of trying to score a killer deal used.

What I would like to know is what you guys think of the following options:

one JBL PRX618S-XLF

two JBL PRX618S

one QSK KW181

two EV ELX118P

They pack about 150-200 kids in the youth building, although it is somewhat cramped.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

John

• Members

So Andy, you feel the KW181 & XLF are about equal? Down the road if we were to upgrade to 2 XLF's/KW181's, would they be substantially better than 2 618S's or 2 ELX118P's now?

Also, this system will be stationary except for maybe once a year, so they won't be taking a beating getting moved a lot. Seems like the EVs aren't built as rugged as the JBLs or QSCs, but their specs seem pretty good. Have any of you heard them?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from you all.

John

• Members

So Andy, you feel the KW181 & XLF are about equal? Down the road if we were to upgrade to 2 XLF's/KW181's, would they be substantially better than 2 618S's or 2 ELX118P's now?

Also, this system will be stationary except for maybe once a year, so they won't be taking a beating getting moved a lot. Seems like the EVs aren't built as rugged as the JBLs or QSCs, but their specs seem pretty good. Have any of you heard them?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the knowledge I have gained from you all.

John

IMO, yes. I prefer the QSC and JBL models to the EV based on my general experiences with al three brands at this price point. I do not have experience with that parictlar model.

Archived