Audix ADX-112 hiss

• Members

Our church put in a new sound system in July 2006 and our pulpit mic, an Audix ADX-112, was working fine for several years. For many months now there is a hiss from the pulpit mic. I ran all the diagnostics and it is the mic itself causing the noise. There isn't anything to take apart, I removed the one screw that is there and nothing moves (at least not easily). I was hoping to see some compromised wires at the first gooseneck bend but nothing obvious.

Is there anything to check electrically (I have a DVOM)? We rent our church to another that also uses it so sending the mic out for repairs and being without one is not really an option. Just want to know before I consider replacing the mic.

• Members

The hiss is present on different channels, different mixers, different cables, even when I took it home and used it on my system. I hope that I can find a repair facility that can quickly tell if it's worth fixing.

• Members

The hiss is present on different channels, different mixers, different cables, even when I took it home and used it on my system.
I hope that I can find a repair facility
that can quickly tell if it's worth fixing.

Send it to the manufacturer for a diagnosis; chance is that they may simply send you a new one.

Archived