Old Reverb unit Zoom 1204. Wow!

• Members

Up untill 2 days ago I was using a Lexicon MX300 which I loved but after having it for about 7 months the display lights started to play up then the verbs stopped working.

I will be sending it back.

Anyway I picked up a used Zoom 1204 effects processor this afternoon for 75 bucks after reading a few reviews and listening to some samples on the net.

I used it for the first time tonight and although only 18 bit , its incredible piece of kit.

I am using it with my Mackie Onyx 1202 using the send and returns .

This may suprise you but I actually prefer it over my Lexicon MX300.

The verbs have a lot of punch and character and its a real joy to sing and get a lush sound.

It also has an EQ function where you turn a few knobs

I still can't believe that when it was out its was so cheap. (Although discontinued you can still pick one up on EBay)

This took me by suprise as I always thought Zoom was more low end.

Dave

• Members

wow, i gave one of those away for free. i got it in a pile of gear (i get piles of gear on occasion, like when i rip out an old install and replace it with good gear).

i thought it was kinda neat too, but not at the level of my existing fx so i gave it away.

• Members

Have the Lexi's gone downhill as | explained how mine stopped working after 7 months plus my Mackie VLZ 802 conked out after 1 year.

What are the Lexicon MPX 200 like i do hear they sound different then the MX200 I know its an older model.

Dave

• Members

i really dont know. reverb is kinda gone low key in my area at least and just isnt as high priority anymore as it was ten years ago. i do tend to use the various SPX stuff when appropriate, as well as the verb on my mixwiz (is that lexicon?). i've taken a real liking to digital plates, especially short ones with lots of mids. kinda nasty by itself but in context it can make the drums bark and vox have some depth.

i have an old lxp5 that i used to love and use a lot but since i lost my small form factor AST bravo 66mhz win95 setup in a flood i cannot use it anymore.

i have grown so sick and tired of hall verb it is banned from my rack. i do however like the catherdal variants.

one thing i like to do with reverb is shelving eq. mess with it, it does some cool stuff. what is it you are using the zoom for?

• Members

Hi Coaster

mainly for live work. I use a Mackie Onyx 1220 mixer and a RCF 322A powered speaker.

So I use the Zoom 1204 as a send and return through the mackie's. I do guitar and vocals.

The good thing about the Zoom is that you can shelve EQ the reverb.

Dave

Archived