Im a total PA idiot.....

• Members

Second. I've not heard the live x series but they look promising.

I took delivery of two ELX112s this week. Note that these are the unpowered version.

I've been listening to them for the last two days and so far I like what I hear although I've only gotten to turn them up as loud as I can get away with in my garage. I have band practice tomorrow night where we will be using them for monitors and a gig this weekend where I may use them for tops.

• Members

Both the Yorkville and RCF speakers mentioned are excellent possibilities that (if found used) might fit your budget and would serve you well. I'm a BIG fan of prx. I work occassionaly with an mrx system (unpowered prx) and it Kicks B*** but You're starting to get way out of the OP's budget.

I agree with the powered speaker concept as cost effective and good. Find some name brands used and ask again for opinions here before you buy. There are many powered speakers out there in that price range that are quite decent (if you find the deal).

• Members

Good practice sessions are supposed to be about learning to play together, and loud practice masks problems.

The funny (sad) part is, playing loud masks the exact problems that you need to be able to hear, to correct them! Playing too loud is like playing drunk, or stoned. You just think you sound awesome, but it's just because you, the sound pressure level, or both are too high!

Archived