Need some active speaker advice.

• Members

I am forming a duo, two vocals, acoustic guitar and electric bass. At present I have a couple of JBL PRX 512's. I was thinking of aquiring a couple of PRX615's for mains and using the 512's for monitors. The reason is I think the 615's will provide a little more bottom end as we want to run the bass direct.

Thoughts?

• Members

As a bass player and someone whom has also been providing sound for a few years now I would highly suggest just using a quality small bass combo amp when performing as a duo.

Neither the PRX512 or 515 (or any similar priced powered cab) is going to offer anything close in bass response as a quality combo amp will in a duo situation.

Just my opinion.

• Members

As a bass player and someone whom has also been providing sound for a few years now I would highly suggest just using a quality small bass combo amp when performing as a duo.

Neither the PRX512 or 515 (or any similar priced powered cab) is going to offer anything close in bass response as a quality combo amp will in a duo situation.

Just my opinion.

I guess I should I should have been more clear. The BP will be running through his amp but we were thinking of also taking it direct to add a little more presence to the sound.

• Members

I guess I should I should have been more clear. The BP will be running through his amp but we were thinking of also taking it direct to add a little more presence to the sound.

Then it won't make much of a difference as the bass amp will handle the low end, the PA will just add some presence.

Either choice would do well.

Archived